Monday 16 January 2017

Adventure Awaits

"Life was meant for good friends and great adventures"

As I came to decide what I would do when I left school, I never thought for a second that I would end up embarking on a journey to volunteer in Ecuador but here I am with 2 weeks until departure (Departure Date: Feb 2nd) and I couldn't be more excited, although nervous about what I am going to experience in the next 6 months.

Although I am going to miss everyone terribly I know that I while be back before I know it and the amount I will gain from my time away certainly outweighs the sadness of leaving.

This blog will hopefully be a place for me to share all of the amazing experiences both good and bad that I have during my time in South America and I hope that you will enjoy reading them (Should you choose to 😛).

So, what am I going to be doing in Ecuador?
I have been placed in Cuenca which is in the Azuay province of southern Ecuador and is approximately 2,500m above sea level with a population of about 400,000 people. Despite what you may think, Cuenca has an average temperature of only 15℃ due to it's location in the mountains.

In Cuenca I will have a split placement working at a daycare in the morning and teaching English at a local primary school in the afternoon. These will certainly be challenging but that's all part of it.

Overall, I am ready for the new experiences, adventures, friends and challenges that await me and I can't wait to see where this year takes me.

I have a feeling 2017 is gonna be my best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment